Quick Menu


Thursday 28 December 2006

Christmas Review 2006

So the chocolate cakes were a hit as usual. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at how good the Chocolate Log tasted. It was basically the same recipe as the chocolate cake but I used a Ganache for the topping and that seemed to make a world of difference. It gave the cake a sort of a 'Ho-Ho' (you know those small chocolate cakes you buy in the US?) sort of taste and texture.


A number of people commented that I should take orders and sell my cakes as a business. Problem is, it takes too much time - as in I dont want to be tied down to having to bake cakes after coming home from work. Maybe one day I'll realise my 'dream' of opening a cafe and then maybe I'll take orders. For now, its more the pleasure I get out of baking the cakes - especially for my kids!

No comments: