Quick Menu


Saturday 16 June 2007

Spicy Aglio Olio Pasta

As a prelude to Fathers Day tomorrow, I decided to make the kids a combination of some of their favourites. They love pasta - both tomato based and cream based. They also love sausages and mushrooms. I decided I'd do a pasta dish with a twist. Rather than the rich tomato or cream based sauce, I decided on a simple Aglio Olio (Garlic and Olive Oil) - but with a little twist. I added loads of Chilli Flakes!

Dont think I need to tell you the recipe as its basically just loads of chopped garlic fried in Olive Oil with some oregano and basil and of course Chilli Flakes. Cook your choice of pasta and then toss it in the oil.

I fried sausages, bacon and mushrooms separately, so that my wife and kids could add on how much meat they wanted.

Everyone loved the dish and for me, that was the best Fathers Day present - my kids thorougly enjoying the food I cook for them!





I submitted this to the Presto Pasta Nights hosted by Ruth at onceuponafeast

1 comment:

Ruth Daniels said...

Happy Father's Day! That is one delicious looking dish. And I'm delighted that you're sharing with Presto Pasta Night. Look for the round up next Friday.