Quick Menu


Thursday 6 December 2007

Rosemary Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing


I've been putting on a bit of weight and since turning 40, have decided to look after my food intake a little bit more. That kind of implies that I used to look after it before, and that isn't very true! So, I'm going to try to start looking after my food intake and hopefully shed a few kilos in the process.
With that noble thought in mind, last weekend the Lovely Wife and I combined our talents to produce this wickedly delicious dish. We both love the salads that are served at Chillis Restaurants and so we decided to make our own version.


Often at restaurants, the chicken is fried in batter before being cut into strips. In an effort to try and be healthy, I decided I would roast the chicken strips instead. But how to give it lots of flavour?

This is when I decided to sautee some onions to caramelise them. I then threw in some garlic and lots of oregano and basil as well as black pepper. Then I tossed the chicken strips into this mixture, sprinkled it with some salt and layed it out in a baking tray to roast. I roasted the chicken till the juices that came out of the chicken had evaporated but the chicken was lovely, tender and juicy on the inside.

Once the chicken was cooked, the Lovely Wife prepared the salad leaves, capsicum and tomatoes and her lovely, lovely dressing. She has a knack for throwing together the most wonderful salad dressings and this time she didn't disappoint. Her Honey Mustard dressing was really wonderful. Not too thick or creamy either!


We really enjoyed this Chicken Salad and I was quite amazed at how quick and easy it was to throw together. The kids loved it too!

2 comments:

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Hmmmm, didn't you just have a birthday a few weeks ago?! Well, whatever the motivation, this salad sounds just perfect!

Cynthia said...

Ummmm, loving this, Dharm.